RULES.NASCAR.COM PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated: 11/4/2021
NASCAR Event Management, LLC (“NASCAR”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates the websites and mobile apps where this Privacy Statement is displayed (the sites and apps collectively “the Site”). The Site is a general audience platform and includes websites (including subdomains) and associated applications and digital services (such as mobile and other device applications), and other associated offerings that are owned, offered or operated by or on behalf of NASCAR. NASCAR’s Privacy Office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is important to us. As such, we provide this Privacy Statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at the Site. Please be advised that the practices described in this Privacy Statement apply only to information gathered through and in connection with the Site.
|The Information We Collect||We collect:
|How We Use the Information We Collect||We use information that we receive and collect for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
|How We Share and Disclose Your Information||We may share your Information with:
|How Long Do We Retain Your Information?||We will retain Information collected through the Site for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes or uses outlined in this Privacy Statement.|
|How Do We Respond To Do Not Track Signals||NASCAR does not currently respond to do not track signals.|
|What Are Your Rights and Choices?||You always have the right to opt out of having your Information shared with third parties.
|International Collection of Information||We collect and receive personal data from inside and outside of the United States.If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect is processed in the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We put safeguards in place to protect your Information when we process it outside of the country from which it was collected.|
|Third Party Sites and Linked Services||The Site’s Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by third-parties. If you click on links that are owned or controlled by third parties, you will be subject to that party’s policies.|
|Data Security||NASCAR has established reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, disclosure, modification or destruction of the information we collect, but the Internet is not 100% secure.|
|Children’s Privacy||We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, and do not create user segments targeted to, children under 13 years of age.|
|How to Contact Us||Email us at email@example.com, or send written correspondence to:RULES.NASCAR.COMLegal Department, NASCAR Privacy OfficeOne Daytona BoulevardDaytona Beach, FL 32114|
|Updates||Updates to our Privacy Statement will be posted to the Site or may be communicated to you in other ways as required by applicable law.|
|Rights for Our California Residents||I. Notice of Information Collection for California ConsumersII. Your California Privacy RightsIII. How Do You Submit These Requests to Us?|
The Information We Collect
We receive information about you that you provide to us directly, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Site, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device. In this Privacy Statement, we refer to all of this as the “Information.”
Information You Provide to Us. At the Site, you can register, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of Information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and date of birth.
Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our “Partners” which include our third party service providers, agencies, analytics/reporting vendors, platform and infrastructure monitoring vendors, and cloud service providers use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access the Site. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected Information may include:
- network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers
- mobile network
- device identifiers (such as Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID)
- device settings and browser settings
- the date and time of your visit to the Site
- which Site pages you have visited and which sites you visited before and after you visit the Site
- the type of handheld or mobile device you used to view the Site (e.g., iOS, Android)
- the content you have accessed, seen, and/or clicked on.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We, along with our Partners, use your Information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- to communicate with you about the Site, such as to fulfill a request by you, or to contact you about your account with us
- to fulfill your requests for newsletters and notifications
- to respond to your inquiries
- to provide technical support for the Site
- to investigate and prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement or fraud related to a contest) on or through the Site
- to protect the safety of our users and the security of our platforms
- to perform analysis regarding how you use the Site or any part thereof
- as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We share or disclose your Information as follows:
- To Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. Each such Partner is contractually obligated to provide services to us in a manner consistent with this privacy statement. Our Partners use your Information to provide us with the following services:
- conduct research and analytics
- provide customer, technical or operational support
- fulfill user requests
- maintain databases; and
- otherwise support the Site.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request, or where we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is legally necessary.
- If we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way, we will transfer some or all of your Information as part of that transaction. .
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We retain your Information for the period necessary to fulfill the legitimate business purposes or uses outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by applicable data protection law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
Cookies. We use “cookies”, “web beacons” or other common tracking technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences.
Locally Stored Objects. The Site may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember your settings, preferences and usage, similar to browser cookies, or in order to perform user, website or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with the Site. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email from us. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
Opting Out: Your Ad Choices To learn about online interest-based advertising and your choices related to interest-based advertising, please visit:
- For United States visitors: the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the Ad Choices site
- For European Union visitors: the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) at the EDAA site
- We also allow our European Union visitors to opt out of interest-based advertising on the Site via our consent manager
The tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and the EDAA site are provided by third parties, not NASCAR. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
PLEASE NOTE: Certain choices you make through these platforms may be browser-specific or device-specific. If you erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), or use a new or different computer, you may need to opt out again.
We sometimes utilize Adobe technology to customize advertising you may see on our site or third-party sites. These “flash cookies” cannot be controlled through browser settings, but you can opt out of the receipt of targeted advertising utilizing Adobe technology by clicking here.
When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. In addition, each operating system (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
At this time the Site does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
What Are Your Rights and Choices?
Your right to make informed decisions about information collection is important to NASCAR.
Opting Out of Communications. Please note that you always have the right to opt out of having your Information shared with third parties. To stop receiving e-mails, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any e-mail we send you (you will still receive transactional e-mails). To stop receiving text messages, reply “STOP” to any message.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that in order for us to respond to your request we may require that you verify your identity. NASCAR is based in the United States and our products are offered in English. Requests submitted in another language will require translation.
Your European Privacy Rights. Please note that if you are in the European Union or the European Economic Area, you also have the right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of your Information in NASCAR’s database
- verify the origin and accuracy of your Information
- request that we correct, update, amend, delete, or transform your Information into anonymous form
- provide you information about how we use your Information
- oppose the processing of your Information on legitimate grounds
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
International Collection of Information
We collect and receive personal data from inside and outside of the United States.
If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect is processed in the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We put safeguards in place to protect your Information when we process it outside of the country from which it was collected.
Third Party Sites and Linked Services
The Site may contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms not owned or controlled by us, whose information practices may be different than ours. This privacy statement does not apply to any information collected by third-party sites or integrated services providers. You should consult the other sites’ privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
The Internet is not 100% secure. Although we take reasonable measures designed to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Information, we cannot guarantee that your Information will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy statement.
We do not knowingly collect Information from, and do not create user segments targeted to, children under 13 years of age. If you believe your child or someone else has provided NASCAR with Information about your child and you would like to have the Information removed, please contact us, and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about NASCAR’s privacy statement, you may contact us at this email address: email@example.com, or you can send correspondence to the following address:
Legal Department – NASCAR’s Privacy Office
One Daytona Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
From time to time, we may update this privacy statement. We will notify you about material changes by prominently posting a notice on our site or otherwise as required by law. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this statement so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
Rights for Our California Residents
This section explains how we collect and share personal information about California residents (“California Customers”) and their privacy rights.
- Notice of Information Collection for California Consumers
|What Information Do We Collect About You?||Where Do We Collect this Information From?||Why Do We Collect this Information?||Who Do We Share this Information With?|
|Contact Information (e.g., name, email, postal address, zip code, telephone number, etc.)||
|Account/Registration Information (e.g., name, username, password, account preferences, etc.)||
|Online/Device Identifiers (e.g., IP addresses, device IDs, operating systems, mobile network providers, settings, and other information we use to recognize your device)||
|Online Activity Information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and other information about your interactions with our platforms)||
|Location Information (e.g., information about your location or device such as city, state or zip code)||
- Your California Privacy Rights
What Rights Do You Have?
- Right to Know – You have the right to ask us to tell you what personal information of yours we collect, use, share or sell.
- Right to Access – You have the right to request access to the personal information of yours we collect or maintain.
- Right to Request Deletion – You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
- No Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights above.
You also have Shine the Light Rights – You have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
III. How Do You Submit These Requests to Us?
California residents can exercise these rights:
- Shine the Light Rights
- Requests to Access/Know
- Request to Delete
By contacting us by:
- Our individual rights management tool:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need to verify that you are who you say you are before we delete or share personal information with you. After you submit your request to our individual rights management tool, you will be sent a confirmation email and need to click on the link provided. If you make a request via email, we may need to request more information from you in order to verify your request.
Previous Privacy Statement
© 2021 NASCAR Event Management, LLC